Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Color of Me


I was looking through the Picasa album where all the pics from this blog are stored. They are in chronological order. I started posting here in April of 2008, so there are about a year and a half of images in the album.

It's interesting to look at everything all at once, together on one page. I can see a binding aesthetic, and start to understand what it is that I lean towards visually.

My friend Sam Yates did a pretty insane public art project that consumed his life for several years. He photographed every structure in the city using a very strict formula for composition, light, time of day, and averaged them together to find a single color value for Palo Alto.

The project is called the Color of Palo Alto. The site and the amount of work that went into it is truly amazing.

I wonder what color I would get if I averaged every image that I ever took into one color value?

No comments: