Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Um, I make stuff"

"Well, I am not a huge fan of using words to describe art and every time I am asked to write an artist statement my gut instinct is just to say 'Um, I make stuff."
- Thomas Campbell

T. Moeski is one of my favorites. He does it all: painting, photography, sculpture, and as if that's not enough, he also shoots intensely beautiful surf films, all in 16mm.

As much as I enjoy his individual pieces, I am equally inspired by images of his workspaces -- there is just so much raw, creative energy. When your studio looks like this, you know you are doing something right:





Photo credits: T. Muckluck, Andrew Paynter, Jeff Goldberg, Tiffany Campbell, Klaus Tummers, Nolan Hall, Alex Kopps


1 comment:

stm said...

and has a record label http://www.galaxia-platform.com/catalog/