Friday, August 22, 2008

Modeling for yourself?

So I am working on this job right now for a magazine from New York. They want a picture of a couple having sex being shown on a jumbotron at a major sporting event.

I'm having a difficult time finding an attractive couple that is up for this for a meager editorial budget. My friends have no interest. Using models or a casting agent is not an option. Craigslist is delivering nothing. Which makes me wonder if I should just do it myself.

My wife is up for it, but I feel like it's crossing a few lines. There won't be any nudity, but there will be lots of skin. The shot needs to be done on Monday, so something has to happen pretty soon.

Is modeling in your own shots a sign of being a hack, or is it just a product of a singular vision that other people just can't deliver?

No comments: