Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's Contest Time....

This is always an interesting time of year for me, as I spend hours, sometimes days sifting through all the jobs in an effort to find the real gems to submit to the different contests.  For me -- Communication Arts, PDN, and AP are the places I want to be.


Some years the editing process is rewarding, as I look back at personal projects or interesting assignments, and feel like I've taken a few steps forward.  Other years it can be disappointing, as I wonder where the year went.   

There is a random component, especially with the commercial work.  To get jobs that are fun to shoot AND win awards requires a perfect storm of sorts.  But when it happens, it feels good, and makes the whole struggle worthwhile.


Anyway, here are a few of my favorite images from 2009, some personal, some work, all of which will be uploaded into the interwebs, along with a big entry fee and a little prayer.....





No comments: